There are many persons in a company who are responsible for its success and failure; they are- its directors, managers, sales executives, marketing executives, and other office staff. The company’s success relies mainly on its sales and its reputation among people depends on its marketing and sales executives.
But who are the sales and marketing executives? Come and let’s understand the meaning and the difference between the Sales and Marketing Executive.
Content: Sales Executive Vs Marketing Executive
|Basis for Comparison||Sales||Marketing|
|Meaning||Sales executive facilitates the selling of the company's products and services. He also implements the new strategies to increase the overall sales of the company.||Marketing executives are the persons who directs the overall marketing activities of the company, i.e. from creating a market for the new product till it is sold in the market.|
|Duties||Launching and the demonstration of a new product, organizing visits, reviewing performance, etc.||Developing markets for the product, introducing and promoting a new product, advertising through various media etc.|
|Qualities||Communication skills, Confidence, Maturity, Awareness, Patience, etc.||Foresightedness, interpersonal skills, Innovative, Awareness, Team spirit, etc.
|Role||Demonstration, survey, customer satisfaction, organizing sales exhibitions, dissemination, etc.||Planning, advertising, research, customer relations, coordination, organizing events etc.|
|Focus||To raise the sales volume of the company.||To raise the brand value of the company.|
Definition of Sales Executive
Sales Executives are the persons who are responsible for the overall sales activities of the company. The primary work of the sales executive is to introduce and demonstrate the product to its customers and to maintain the customer satisfaction. Their work is not just concerned with buying and selling instead; they manage the whole sales procedure.
Definition of Marketing Executive
Marketing Executives are the persons who are responsible for the marketing of products and services of the company. They know the company’s product in which it deals and keep a proper track of segments to which the company targets. By doing so, a marketing executive creates the goodwill of the company among the customers and establish a close bond with the product by conducting several marketing activities.
Key Differences Between Sales and Marketing Executive
- Sales executives mean the persons who are responsible for the sales performance of the company while Marketing Executives are the persons who are responsible for the marketing of goods and service of the company.
- Sales executives must have communication skills, confidence, maturity, patience, etc. On the other hand, Marketing executives must possess foresightedness, interpersonal skills, team spirit, innovativeness, etc.
- Sales executives focus on raising the sales volume of the organisation, whereas marketing executives focus on building a brand value.
- The role of a sales executive is to demonstrate, conduct surveys, organise sales exhibitions, introduce the product to prospective customers, etc. while the role of the marketing executive includes planning, advertising, coordination, organising events, sourcing sponsorship, etc.
- The primary duty of the sales executive is to set goals and finding the best possible means to achieve them, whereas the primary duty of a marketing executive is to promote the product and avail the market opportunities properly.
Activities of Sales Executive
- Fulfilling the customer’s requirements.
- Evaluating the sales performance.
- Forecasting the sales budget.
- Coordinating with the suppliers and distributors.
- Representing the company in exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Checking the quantity and quality of goods before sales.
Activities of Marketing Executive
- Maintaining coordination between various stakeholders like customers, investors, competitors, suppliers, etc.
- Reviewing the marketing campaigns.
- Conducting the market research.
- Organising various events.
- Securing sponsorship.
- Sourcing advertising media.
The activity of sales is a human-driven activity. These sales activities involve different types of sales personnel working in the office or visiting the client’s office or may be surveying about the customer’s requirements to determine the actual needs of the customers. They are the ones who represent the company. Thus these sales executives must be properly motivated by way of appreciation, promotion or by giving incentives if they are performing their job efficiently.
On the other hand, marketing is a media driven activity, and various ways are involved in connecting with media. These marketing executives introduce the company to the public at large. They use various sources of media to introduce and promote the product and services to the customers such as television, radio, newspapers, magazines, social media, the internet, seminars, conferences, etc. Hence, the marketing executive should be efficient to study the market conditions and the customer’s requirements, prerequisite to facilitate the marketing activities.