Windows Application is a user builds an application that can run on a Windows platform. The windows application has a graphical user interface that is provided by Windows Forms. Windows forms provide a variety of controls including Button, TextBox, Radio Button, CheckBox, and other data and connection controls. You can easily design a windows application using an IDE Microsoft Visual Studio using a variety of languages including C#, Visual Basic, C++, J#, and many more.
It is a type of application that runs on a browser using a Web server configured with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). In .NET, all web applications are built around ASP.NET, which is nothing but a part of the .NET platform and includes design-time objects and controls and a run-time execution context. ASP.NET helps in building a wide variety of web application from a traditional website that serves HTML pages to a high-end business application that runs on the Internet.
Difference between Windows Application and Web Application
The points given below are noteworthy so far as the difference between windows and web application is concerned:
- The first and the foremost difference between Windows and Web Application, Windows application gets installed on a Windows-based operating system whereas the web application is installed on a web server.
- Windows application can only be accessed from a system in which it is installed. A web application can be accessed from any system through the internet.
- You need an Internet Information Services (IIS) server to run the web application. Windows application can directly be executed on a Windows operating system.
- Windows applications can only be run on a windows platform. Web Applications can run on a variety of platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, Android, etc.
- If designed for a 64-bit operating system, a Windows application won’t work on the 16-bit system. The web application is independent of the type of system.
This is all about windows and web application.